As a guitarist, you know how important it is to keep your acoustic guitar safe and protected, especially when you’re on the go. One of the best ways to do that is with a reliable guitar case that fits your needs and budget. However, with so many options out there, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one for you. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the best affordable acoustic guitar cases on the market. In this article, we’ll cover things to consider when buying a guitar case, features to look for, and our top picks to help you find the right one to keep your precious instrument secure.
Things to Consider when Buying Affordable Acoustic Guitar Cases
When it comes to protecting your acoustic guitar, choosing the right case is crucial. Not only will it provide a safe and secure way to transport your instrument, but it can also prevent any damage from accidents or weather conditions. However, with so many options available, it can be challenging to determine the best fit for your needs. That’s why we’ve put together a guide on things to consider when buying affordable acoustic guitar cases. From durability and protection to size and fit, we’ll cover everything you need to know to make an informed decision. So, whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned player, read on to discover what to look for in an acoustic guitar case. And if you’re interested in reading more about guitar cases, check out our article on the best hardshell cases for acoustic guitars.
1. Durability and Protection
Durability and protection are two of the most important factors to consider when buying an affordable acoustic guitar case. After all, the purpose of a guitar case is to keep your instrument safe and secure during transport or storage.
To ensure that your guitar stays protected, look for a case made from durable materials that can withstand wear and tear. Hardshell cases are generally more protective than gig bags, as they offer a layer of hard protection around the guitar. However, they may also be more expensive.
It’s also important to consider the level of padding in the case. Look for a case with thick padding to absorb any impact and protect your guitar from scratches, dents, or other damage.
To help you make an informed decision, here are some durable and protective guitar cases that we recommend:
|Guitar Case||Hard/Gig Bag||Durability||Protection||Price|
|Gearlux Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Hardshell Case||Hard||High||High||Affordable|
|Gator Cases Hard-Shell Wood Case for Acoustic Guitars||Hard||High||High||Mid-range|
|ChromaCast CC-AHC Acoustic Guitar Hard Case||Hard||High||High||Affordable|
|Guardian CG-020 Series Hardshell Case||Hard||High||High||Mid-range|
|CAHAYA Acoustic Guitar Bag with Neck Cradle||Gig Bag||Medium||Medium||Affordable|
As you can see from the table, all of these cases offer high durability and protection. Additionally, they are all affordable, making them great options for guitarists on a budget.
Remember: when it comes to guitar cases, investing in a well-made, protective case is always worth it in the long run. For more information on choosing the right guitar case, check out our guide to choosing the right guitar case or read our comparison of gig bags versus hardshell cases.
2. Size and Fit
One of the most important factors in choosing an affordable acoustic guitar case is ensuring that the case fits your guitar properly. A case that is too small can cause damage to your guitar, while a case that is too big may not offer sufficient protection. This is why it’s important to know the exact size of your guitar and choose a case that fits accordingly.
When it comes to choosing the right size acoustic guitar case, there are a few things to keep in mind:
|Case Size||Internal Dimensions||Suitable for Guitar Sizes|
|Dreadnought||Up to 44″ long, 16″ wide lower bout, 12.5″ upper bout, and 5″ deep||Dreadnought, Auditorium, and Concert|
|Jumbo||Up to 44″ long, 17″ wide lower bout, 13.25″ upper bout, and 5.5″ deep||Jumbo and Super Jumbo|
|Classical||Up to 39″ long, 14.25″ wide lower bout, 11″ upper bout, and 5″ deep||Classical, Flamenco, and Spanish-style|
It’s always a good idea to measure your guitar to ensure that you choose the right size case. This will help you avoid the disappointment and expense of purchasing a case that doesn’t fit properly. Additionally, some cases may have adjustable padding or foam inserts that can help you customize the fit even further, making it a good idea to check the internal dimensions of the case before making a purchase.
It’s important to choose an affordable acoustic guitar case that fits your guitar properly in order to prevent potential damage and ensure the best protection possible. Remember to measure your guitar carefully and check the internal dimensions of the case before making a purchase. If you need further guidance on choosing the right acoustic guitar case, be sure to check out our article on the 5 Best Acoustic Guitar Cases.
3. Style and Design
When it comes to choosing an affordable acoustic guitar case, style and design can play a significant role. While many cases may offer the same level of protection and durability, the style and design of a case can make a statement about your personal taste and aesthetic preferences.
One popular option is a basic black case, which provides a classic and timeless look. However, there are also a variety of other colors, patterns, and materials to choose from. Some options include:
- Faux Leather: These cases offer a sleek and modern look, while also being more affordable than genuine leather. They are also often available in a variety of colors and patterns, such as black or brown crocodile skin.
- Canvas: Canvas cases are a lightweight and durable option, often featuring fun patterns or designs, such as floral or geometric prints. They are also typically more affordable than hardshell cases.
- Hardshell: Hardshell cases provide the ultimate protection for your acoustic guitar, and often feature a stylish finish, such as a glossy black or brown. Some even have additional details such as gold or silver hardware.
- Vintage: For those who prefer a more retro or vintage look, there are cases available that feature classic designs and materials, such as tweed or vinyl.
Ultimately, the style and design of your affordable acoustic guitar case should reflect your personal taste and preferences while still providing the necessary protection for your guitar. So take the time to explore different options and choose the one that speaks to you most.
Features to Look for in Affordable Acoustic Guitar Cases
When searching for an affordable acoustic guitar case, there are several essential features to consider that can ensure the safety and protection of your instrument. These features include padding and lining to protect your guitar from scratches, storage and compartments to keep accessories organized, and carrying options for convenient transportation. By carefully considering these key features, you can find an affordable acoustic guitar case that provides optimal protection and convenience for your valued instrument. Let’s take a closer look at each of these features in detail.
1. Padding and Lining
When it comes to protecting your acoustic guitar, padding and lining are two key features to look for in an affordable guitar case. The padding will help to absorb any impact that may occur during transport, while the lining will keep your guitar’s exterior from getting scratched or scuffed. Here are some padding and lining options to consider when selecting an affordable acoustic guitar case:
|Plush Interior||Soft, fuzzy lining||– Protective against scratches and scuffs
– Aesthetically pleasing
|– May not be water-resistant
– Lining material may collect dust or debris over time
|Foam Padding||Dense foam material||– Offers good shock absorption
|– May wear down over time
– May not be as aesthetically pleasing as plush lining
|Fleece Lined||Soft, micro-fiber lining||– Protective against scratches and scuffs
– Soft and comfortable to the touch
|– May not offer as much shock absorption as foam padding
– May not be water-resistant
|Hard Shell Exterior||Sturdy, protective shell||– Highly protective against impacts
– May offer increased water-resistance
|– May be heavier and bulkier than other options
– May not be as aesthetically pleasing as softer lining materials
Ultimately, the type of padding and lining material you choose for your affordable acoustic guitar case will depend on your personal preferences, as well as any specific needs you may have for your guitar’s protection. Consider the level of protection you need, the conditions in which you’ll be transporting your guitar, and the overall design and appearance that you find appealing. By keeping these factors in mind, you can select an affordable acoustic guitar case that provides both protection and style.
2. Storage and Compartments
When looking for an affordable acoustic guitar case, it’s important to consider its storage and compartment options. Here are some features to keep in mind:
- Accessory Pockets: Some cases come with small pockets or compartments where you can store guitar accessories such as picks, tuner, strings, and capos. These pockets help you keep your accessories organized and readily accessible when you need them.
- Hygrometer: A hygrometer is an instrument that measures humidity levels. Some cases feature a built-in hygrometer to ensure that your guitar is stored in the ideal environment. This is particularly important if you live in an area with fluctuating humidity levels.
- Padding: In addition to protecting your guitar from external factors, some cases also feature padding on the inside. This padding ensures that your guitar stays in place and doesn’t move around inside the case during transport. Make sure to look for a case with adequate padding to keep your guitar safe.
- Compartment size: When looking at the storage options, make sure to check if the case has enough room to fit your guitar accessories comfortably. Also, consider if the case is large enough to fit your guitar – double-check the dimensions of the case against the dimensions of your guitar.
- Backpack Straps:If you’re planning on traveling long distances with your guitar, consider a case that has backpack straps. This will make transportation easier and more comfortable on your shoulders.
When it comes to choosing an affordable acoustic guitar case, it’s important to consider the storage and compartment options. By considering the features listed above, you’ll be able to select a case that not only fits your budget but also ensures that your guitar is protected from external factors and is easy to transport.
3. Carrying Options
One important consideration when choosing an affordable acoustic guitar case is the carrying options. Carrying options refer to the different ways the guitar case can be transported, such as with a handle, shoulder strap, or backpack straps. Here are some carrying options to consider:
|Handle||A handle is a basic way to carry a guitar case. It is usually located on the top of the case and can be made of materials such as plastic or metal. The handle may be padded for comfort, and some cases may have two handles for added stability.|
|Shoulder Strap||A shoulder strap is a popular carrying option for guitar cases. It is usually adjustable and can be worn over one shoulder or across the body. Some shoulder straps have padding for extra comfort.|
|Backpack Straps||Backpack straps are a more versatile carrying option for guitar cases. They are similar to shoulder straps, but are designed to be worn like a backpack. This allows for more even weight distribution, which can be helpful if the case is heavy. Not all guitar cases come with backpack straps, so it is important to check the product description.|
|Wheels||Some guitar cases come with wheels, which can make them easier to transport, especially over long distances or rough terrain. Wheels are typically found on larger, bulkier cases, such as hardshell cases or acoustic bass guitar cases.|
When choosing a carrying option, it is important to consider your personal preferences and needs. For example, if you will be carrying the case for long periods of time, backpack straps may be the best choice. Alternatively, if you will only be transporting the case short distances, a handle or shoulder strap may suffice. Keep in mind, some carrying options such as wheels, may add extra weight to the case, which can be a consideration when traveling. Ultimately, the right carrying option is one that provides comfort, convenience, and ease of use.
Discover Top 3 Acoustic Guitar Bestsellers
- Two pickup systems: Fender Acoustasonic Noiseless; Fishman Under-Saddle Transducer
- Acoustic Engine delivers a new and unique set of acoustic and electric voices
- Blend Knob selects and blends voices
- Patented Stringed Instrument Resonance System (SIRS)
- Integrated forearm and back contour, and mahogany neck
- The Squier SA-150 is a full-size steel-string acoustic that offers big sound at a small price.
- It's strong enough to stand up to the everyday use (and abuse) that beginning players might throw its way thanks to its all-laminate construction with lindenwood top and mahogany back and sides.
- This guitar also features scalloped "X"-bracing, mahogany neck and a durable dark-stained maple fingerboard to give you an instrument that looks as good as it sounds.
- With its slim, easy-to-play neck and full-bodied dreadnought tone, the SA-150 is an ideal choice for all rookie strummers.
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN ONE BOX: A gig bag is included so you can keep your instrument safe when you're on the go. The included clip-on tuner is easy to use and delivers reliable performance. Included in this bundle is a guitar strap, extra strings, string winder and picks so you can start playing your instrument immediately. Our exclusive Austin Bazaar instructional DVD provides the guidance you need as you learn your new instrument.
- Antique white binding Aging toner Forward shifting non-scalloped X bracing Dovetail neck joint Style 28 mother-of-pearl fingerboard inlays Solid headstock with square taper and diamond inlay. SP Acoustic 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Medium (MSP4200) strings Multi-stripe top and back inlays
- Sometimes innovation is in the details and this is certainly true with Martin’s re-imagined 2017 D-28
- After nearly a century at the helm, and as the quintessential workhorse of music legends like Hank Williams, The Beatles, Johnny Cash, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, and so many more, Martin's legendary D-28 has been lovingly and artfully enhanced
- “The post WWII D-28 had a slightly different look than its predecessor and became the centerpiece of the folk and folk rock movements at their pinnacle in the 1950s and 1960s
- " says Chris Martin, Chairman and CEO of Martin Guitar, "We have extracted the finest features from the D-28 of both my grandfather’s and my father’s respective eras
Our Top Picks for Affordable Acoustic Guitar Cases
After considering various factors such as durability, size, and style, it’s now time to present our top picks for affordable acoustic guitar cases. These cases offer optimal protection for your guitar while being easy on the pocket. Here are our five favorite options that provide the perfect combination of protection, affordability, and style. Check out the features and benefits of each of these options before making your final decision on which case to buy.
1. Gearlux Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Hardshell Case
The Gearlux Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Hardshell Case is a great option for those looking for an affordable and durable case to protect their guitar. Here are some key features to highlight:
- Durability: The hardshell exterior of this case provides strong protection against impacts and scratches, while the soft foam interior keeps your guitar secured in place.
- Size: Designed specifically for dreadnought acoustic guitars, this case offers a precise fit for this popular guitar style.
- Padding: The interior of the case has a plush lining to provide additional cushioning and protection to your guitar.
- Storage: The case comes with a spacious accessory compartment, allowing you to store picks, strings, and other small items.
- Carrying options: The Gearlux case has both a comfortable handle and sturdy shoulder straps for easy transport.
- Style: Featuring a sleek and classic black design, this case looks great while also providing reliable protection for your guitar.
The Gearlux Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Hardshell Case is a great choice for those on a budget who want a sturdy and reliable case to protect their guitar.
2. Gator Cases Hard-Shell Wood Case for Acoustic Guitars
The Gator Cases Hard-Shell Wood Case for Acoustic Guitars is a durable and sturdy option for those seeking an affordable acoustic guitar case. This case boasts a rugged 3-ply cross-grain Luan plywood exterior that can withstand bumps, knocks and rough handling during transport. The exterior is protected by a tough nylon covering that adds an extra layer of protection.
The interior of the case is lined with a soft-plush lining that helps prevent scratches and dings. Additionally, it has a padded neck cradle that supports the neck of the guitar and ensures that it remains secure during transit.
One great feature of the Gator Cases Hard-Shell Wood Case is its convenient storage compartments. It has a spacious interior accessory compartment that can be used to store extra strings, tuners, straps, and other small accessories. This compartment is perfect for musicians who want to have all their essential gear in one place.
The Gator Cases Hard-Shell Wood Case also offers multiple carrying options, making it easy to transport. It has a comfortable handle that allows for easy carrying, and also comes with detachable backpack straps for convenient backpack-style carrying.
The Gator Cases Hard-Shell Wood Case provides excellent value for a budget-friendly acoustic guitar case, with its sturdy construction, convenient storage options, and multiple carrying options. It’s a great option for guitarists who want to keep their instrument safe and secure during transport without breaking the bank.
3. ChromaCast CC-AHC Acoustic Guitar Hard Case
The ChromaCast CC-AHC Acoustic Guitar Hard Case is definitely a great option for guitarists in need of an affordable and reliable guitar case. This case is designed to fit most standard dreadnought acoustic guitars and offers a durable exterior that protects your guitar from scratches, dings, and other potential hazards.
One of the standout features of this affordable acoustic guitar case is its plush interior lining, which protects your guitar’s finish from scratches and other damage. Additionally, the case features a spacious interior compartment for storing strings, picks, and other accessories, as well as sturdy chrome latches for secure closure.
Here are some of the key features of the ChromaCast CC-AHC Acoustic Guitar Hard Case:
|Exterior Material||Hardshell ABS Plastic|
|Interior Material||Plush Foam Lining|
|Storage Compartments||1 Interior Storage Compartment|
|Carrying Options||Molded Handle|
|Compatibility||Fits Most Standard Dreadnought Acoustic Guitars|
|Dimensions||42.5 x 6.5 x 17 inches|
The ChromaCast CC-AHC Acoustic Guitar Hard Case is an excellent option for guitarists who want a protective and affordable case for their guitar. Its durable exterior and plush interior, coupled with its spacious storage compartment and secure chrome latches, make it a reliable choice for gigging musicians and hobbyists alike.
4. Guardian CG-020 Series Hardshell Case
One of our top picks for affordable acoustic guitar cases is the Guardian CG-020 Series Hardshell Case. This case provides excellent protection for your guitar, with a durable outer shell made of molded ABS plastic. The interior of the case is lined with soft, plush foam padding that will keep your instrument safe and secure.
The Guardian CG-020 Series Hardshell Case is designed to fit most standard dreadnought acoustic guitars, so you can be confident that your guitar will fit snugly inside. The case also features a comfortable molded handle for easy carrying, as well as nickel-plated hardware for added durability.
Additionally, the Guardian CG-020 Series Hardshell Case includes a handy storage compartment that can hold all of your guitar accessories, such as extra strings, picks, and a tuner. This compartment is located at the headstock end of the case and can be easily accessed through a sturdy latching mechanism.
The Guardian CG-020 Series Hardshell Case is an excellent choice for anyone looking for an affordable, yet durable and protective case for their acoustic guitar. With its tough outer shell, soft foam padding, and convenient storage compartment, this case is sure to keep your instrument safe and sound on all of your musical journeys.
|Material||Molded ABS plastic outer shell|
|Compatibility||Fits most standard dreadnought acoustic guitars|
|Padding||Soft, plush foam interior padding|
|Handle||Comfortable molded handle|
|Storage||Handy storage compartment for guitar accessories|
5. CAHAYA Acoustic Guitar Bag with Neck Cradle
Another great affordable option for an acoustic guitar case is the CAHAYA Acoustic Guitar Bag with Neck Cradle. This bag offers exceptional protection with its thick padding and waterproof oxford cloth exterior. The bag also features a neck cradle for added support and protection for the guitar’s neck.
In addition to its protective features, the CAHAYA Acoustic Guitar Bag offers plenty of storage options. It has several pockets for storing all of your guitar accessories, such as picks, strings, and a tuner. The bag even has a headphone jack cutout, making it easy to practice without disturbing those around you.
One of the standout features of this case is its versatility. It can be carried with the padded backpack straps or by the side handle, giving you multiple carrying options depending on your preference. The CAHAYA Acoustic Guitar Bag also comes in two different sizes to fit both dreadnought and classical style guitars.
The CAHAYA Acoustic Guitar Bag with Neck Cradle is a reliable and versatile option for those seeking an affordable acoustic guitar case. With its protective features, storage options, and multiple carrying options, this bag is a great choice for musicians on the go.
In conclusion, finding the right affordable acoustic guitar case is crucial in protecting your instrument from damage, dust, and other factors that may affect its quality. After considering factors such as durability, size, and style, and looking for features such as padding, storage compartments, and carrying options, we have picked out the top five affordable acoustic guitar cases that provide excellent value for the price.
Gearlux Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Hardshell Case offers superior durability, with a 3-ply wooden shell and reinforced corners, while also providing a comfortable fit for most standard dreadnought acoustic guitars. Its plush interior lining and spacious storage compartment make it a practical choice for musicians on the go.
Gator Cases Hard-Shell Wood Case for Acoustic Guitars offers heavy-duty protection with its rugged 5-ply wood construction and reinforced steel-plated hardware. Its ergonomically designed handle and padded interior provide comfortable carrying and snug fit for your guitar.
ChromaCast CC-AHC Acoustic Guitar Hard Case is a lightweight and durable option, featuring thick foam padding and a sturdy exterior shell with a stylish black tolex finish. It also includes a neck-resting cradle and an ample storage compartment for accessories.
Guardian CG-020 Series Hardshell Case offers a top-quality hardshell case at an affordable price. Its rugged construction and plush interior lining provide excellent protection, while its accessory storage compartment and interior neck support ensure a comfortable and secure fit for your guitar.
Finally, CAHAYA Acoustic Guitar Bag with Neck Cradle is a great option for those who prefer a soft-sided case with ample padding and a neck cradle for extra support. Its sturdy zippers and water-resistant polyester fabric make it a durable choice for outdoor use, while its large exterior pockets provide ample storage space for accessories.
No matter which affordable acoustic guitar case you choose, be sure to consider your individual needs and preferences to ensure that your guitar stays protected and in top condition for years to come.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What should I look for in an acoustic guitar case?
When looking for an acoustic guitar case, consider factors such as durability, size, lining and padding, storage options, and carrying options.
2. Should I get a hard or soft case for my acoustic guitar?
It depends on your personal preferences and needs. A hard case offers more protection but can be heavier and bulkier, while a soft case is lighter and easier to carry but may not offer as much protection.
3. Can I use an electric guitar case for my acoustic guitar?
No, it is not recommended. Electric guitar cases are typically shaped differently than acoustic guitar cases and may not provide the proper fit or protection.
4. How do I know if a case will fit my guitar?
Make sure to check the dimensions and size of the case to ensure that it will fit your specific guitar model.
5. Are affordable acoustic guitar cases still good quality?
Affordable acoustic guitar cases can still be good quality, but it’s important to research and read reviews to make sure the case will offer adequate protection and durability.
6. Do I need extra compartments in my guitar case?
This depends on your personal needs. Extra compartments can be helpful for storing accessories such as strings, picks, and tuners.
7. How can I clean my acoustic guitar case?
Use a damp cloth to wipe down the exterior of the case and a soft-bristled brush to remove any debris from the interior. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials.
8. Can a case protect my guitar from extreme temperatures?
While a case can provide some protection from extreme temperatures, it’s important to avoid exposing your guitar to extreme heat or cold for extended periods of time.
9. Should I get a case with a neck cradle?
A case with a neck cradle can provide additional support and protection for your guitar’s neck during transport.
10. Are there any specific brands I should look for when buying an affordable acoustic guitar case?
Some popular brands for affordable acoustic guitar cases include Gearlux, Gator Cases, ChromaCast, and Guardian. It’s important to research and read reviews to find a case that fits your specific needs and budget.