I’m sure you’ve heard of Zach Bryan, one of the most popular and talented harmonica players in the world. But do you know what harmonica he uses to create his amazing sound? If not, then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, I’m going to uncover the secret and reveal what harmonica does Zach Bryan use. We’ll look at the different types of harmonicas he has used in the past, as well as his current favorite. So if you want to learn all about Zach Bryan’s harmonica playing, keep reading!
Types of Harmonicas
Harmonicas come in various types and keys, each suited to different musical genres. Chromatic harmonicas are the most common type, and are used in a wide range of genres, from jazz to country. Diatonic harmonicas are used in folk, blues and rock music. Tremolo harmonicas have double reeds and produce a vibrato sound, and are often used in traditional Chinese and Irish music. Bass harmonicas are larger than traditional harmonicas and are used to provide a low-pitched accompaniment. Zach Bryan typically uses a chromatic harmonica for his folk and blues-inspired music.
Zach Bryan’s Background
Zach Bryan is a singer-songwriter from Nashville, Tennessee. He grew up in rural Oklahoma, and started writing music at a young age. He eventually moved to Nashville to pursue his musical career, and has since become a staple in the local folk/Americana music scene. His music has been praised for its raw emotion and unique approach to storytelling. He is most often seen playing the harmonica, and has become known for his soulful performances. He has released four albums to date, and continues to tour throughout the US.
Discover Top 3 Harmonica Bestsellers
- Professional harmonica for adult-East top 10 hole professional diatonic harmonica, suitable for Blues, Folk, Rock, Country, Jazz etc. Great for professional harmonica players and beginners. This Professional Blues Harmonica has exquisite workmanship, beautiful appearance, accurate tone and responsive.
- Rich sound, responsive, airtightness - Precision-made plastic comb with phosphor bronze reeds; 1.2mm thickness reed plate is easier to get the higher pitch, rich sound and timbre. The reed plate with electroplating antirust, the hole, reed gap is better after electroplating. At the same time, you will feel comfortable when playing, easy to use the skill, such as over-blowing and bending, giving the performer a new experience.
- Pocket size and easy to bring-(4.01x 1.06x 0.75)"/ (102x 27 x 19)mm(L x W x H), you can put it into your pocket, it can be played everywhere, such as party, school, office and trip etc.
- Beautiful packaging- The package is exquisitely small and can be used as a birthday present, a gift for further study, a holiday souvenir or a business meeting gift and wedding anniversary etc.
- Package includes 1x harmonica (key of C); 1x instruction and 1x cleaning cloth. We are the harmonica manufacturer of the East top brand.Backed Up with East top 30 Days Unconditional Money Back . You can rest assured to buy our products.
- ♪ Professional harmonica set: Excellent design and exquisite workmanship 7-pack of harmonicas includes keys of C, G, A, D, F, E, and B♭. Great harmonica system suitable for blues, folk, pop, jazz, country and classical music.
- ♪ High-quality Raw Materials: The JDR harmonica high-sensitivity phosphor bronze reed plate differs from inferior aluminum, it is made of copper. The 1mm of copper reed plate is conducive to the sound more clear and melodious.
- ♪ Precise Manufacturing: The JDR harmonica comb is specially crafted with non-toxic food-grade ABS resin and chrome-plated mirror. It is not only lightweight, but also can prevent rust and corrosion. JDR harmonica set is child-friendly and safe, and has also passed Food Safety Certification.
- ♪ Portable Size: The JDR 10 holes 20 tones key of C harmonica is cleverly designed with a streamlined body. Each harmonica is 4.09"x0.31"x1.10", you can slip into the pocket wherever you go. Each harmonica is carefully tuned and tested during manufacturing to ensure best sound and quality.
- ♪ JDR Service Policy: Package includes 7-pack of Harmonica, premium protection box. For any possible defective products 90 days no reason to refund, 180 days replacement service.
- Key of C
- Designed to sound as good as the Fender brand name would suggest
- Its richer tone and pitch is made possible with a molded PVC comb and precision phosphor bronze reeds
- Traditional shape and black satin covers will make your harmonica look as good as it sounds
- Includes vented hard plastic case
Zach Bryan and Harmonicas
- Zach Bryan is an Americana singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist.
- He draws influence from classic country and folk, as well as soul and rock.
- Bryan plays a variety of instruments, including the harmonica.
- He plays a Hohner Crossover harmonica in the keys of C or G.
- The Crossover is a hybrid of a chromatic and a diatonic harmonica.
- It has a unique sound that combines the best of both worlds.
- The Crossover also offers the convenience of a slide button that allows the player to switch from chromatic to diatonic playing.
- Bryan often plays this harmonica in his live performances.
Zach Bryan and Brands
Zach Bryan has had a long relationship with harmonica brands, playing a variety of them throughout his career. He has favored the following:
- Hohner Marine Band
- Lee Oskar
- Seydel Session Steel
- Seydel Big Six
- Seydel Blues Session
- Hohner Special 20
- Suzuki Folkmaster
- Hohner Bluesband
- Hohner Crossover
- Hohner Super 64X
In particular, Zach Bryan has been known to prefer the Hohner Marine Band and the Hohner Special 20, as they are both well-known, reliable brands. He has also been seen using the Suzuki Folkmaster and the Hohner Bluesband, which are both good choices for blues harmonica players.
Zach Bryan is also known to use amps and effects when playing harmonica. He has been known to use Fender and Vox amps, as well as a variety of effects pedals from companies such as Boss, MXR, and Electro-Harmonix.
Instruments Played by Zach Bryan
Zach Bryan is a singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist. He primarily plays guitar and piano, but also uses a variety of other instruments in his music, including a banjo, mandolin, slide guitar, accordion, and harmonica. He is best known for his skillful playing of the harmonica, which he uses in almost all of his recordings. His harmonica of choice is the Hohner Marine Band diatonic harp, which is a popular choice among folk and blues musicians due to its bright, powerful tone.
Playing Techniques Used by Zach Bryan
Zach Bryan is an American singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and producer who plays several instruments, including the harmonica. He uses several techniques to create a unique sound. He uses the tremolo technique, which is a fast, repeating tremolo sound created by alternating blowing and drawing rapidly on the harmonica. He also uses the vibrato technique, which involves creating a vibrato sound by quickly changing the pressure and speed of air. Bryan also uses the tongue-blocking technique, which involves blocking the reeds with the tongue while playing, allowing for more control over the volume and tone of the harmonica. He also uses the various blowing and drawing techniques such as single notes, double stops, triplets, and more. Lastly, he is known for his unique use of the harmonica, which he uses to create a unique blend of traditional blues and modern country music.
Zach Bryan’s Most Commonly-Used Harmonica
- Hohner Special 20
- Hohner Marine Band 1896/20
- Lee Oskar Major Diatonic
- Seydel Blues Solist Pro
Zach Bryan is an American singer-songwriter who is best known for his blues-influenced folk music. As a harmonicist, Zach primarily uses four harmonicas. The four harmonicas that Zach Bryan uses most commonly are the Hohner Special 20, Hohner Marine Band 1896/20, Lee Oskar Major Diatonic, and Seydel Blues Solist Pro.
The Hohner Special 20 is a diatonic harmonica with a plastic comb, stainless steel reeds, and brass reed plates. It is designed to be airtight, with a moderate response, and has a wide range of musical styles. It is well-suited for blues and country music, as well as most other styles of music.
The Hohner Marine Band 1896/20 is a diatonic harmonica with a wood comb, brass reeds, and brass reed plates. It is designed to be airtight, with a mellow tone and smooth response. It is well-suited for blues and jazz, as well as other genres.
The Lee Oskar Major Diatonic is a diatonic harmonica with a plastic comb, brass reeds, and brass reed plates. It is designed to be airtight, with a warm tone and fast response. It is well-suited for blues, folk, and rock, as well as other genres.
Finally, the Seydel Blues Solist Pro is a diatonic harmonica with a plastic comb, stainless steel reeds, and stainless steel reed plates. It is designed to be airtight, with a bright tone and fast response. It is well-suited for blues, rock, and jazz, as well as other genres.
Overall, Zach Bryan’s most commonly used harmonicas are the Hohner Special 20, Hohner Marine Band 1896/20, Lee Oskar Major Diatonic, and Seydel Blues Solist Pro. Each of these harmonicas offers a unique tone and response that makes them suitable for a variety of musical styles.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of harmonica does Zach Bryan play?
Zach Bryan plays a Hohner Special 20 harmonica. It is a diatonic harmonica in the key of C, and features 20 reeds with a plastic comb. The comb is designed to be airtight, and the reeds are made of brass for a clear, warm sound. The cover plates are also made of brass for a classic look and feel.
What is the Brand of Harmonica Used by Zach Bryan?
Zach Bryan uses a CX12 Black Chromatic Harmonica from Hohner, one of the leading brands in harmonicas. The CX12 Black Chromatic Harmonica is known for its excellent sound quality and ease of playability. The CX12 is a perfect choice for professional and beginner harmonica players alike.
How long has Zach Bryan been playing the harmonica?
Zach Bryan has been playing the harmonica for over 15 years. He started playing at the age of 11 and has since become a professional harmonica player. He plays a range of different harmonicas, from chromatic to diatonic, and has released a number of albums featuring his harmonica playing.
What style of music does Zach Bryan play on the harmonica?
Zach Bryan plays a mix of folk, country, and blues on the harmonica. He is known for his unique style and has an impressive range of techniques such as bending, overblowing, and vibrato. He often plays in a traditional blues style, with the harmonica taking a lead role in the music.
What inspired Zach Bryan to start playing the harmonica?
Zach Bryan was inspired to start playing the harmonica after hearing blues harmonica legend Little Walter. His infectious style and sound inspired Bryan to learn the instrument and pursue a career as a professional harmonica player. He has since become a renowned harmonica player and has released numerous albums, including his latest album “Crossroads”.
Zach Bryan is a unique harmonica player that has developed a unique sound. The harmonica he uses is a Hohner Marine Band 1896. This harmonica is known for its classic bluesy sound and its ability to be easily bent. It is a great choice for many traditional styles of blues and roots music, and it is also a great choice for more modern styles. Zach Bryan’s harmonica playing is an example of how a single instrument can be used to create a vast range of sounds.