The Dean Backwoods 6 String Banjo is a 6-string hybrid banjo. Guitar tuning makes it a great crossover instrument for guitarists and banjo players. Grover tuners, 11″ Remo head, 25″ scale length and 1-3/4″ nut width are some of the specifications.
|Item Dimensions LxWxH:||5 x 19 x 41 inches|
|Top Material Type:||Mahogany|
|Back Material Type:||Mahogany|
|Item Weight:||3.5 Kilograms|
|Number of Strings:||6|
Dean Backwoods 6 Banjo is made of mahogany wood. Mahogany is famous for its good quality in making musical instruments and for its good looks. It is a tree that is native to South America and Central America, it’s wood is colored brown with a reddish tinge and it has a straight grain.
Discover Top 3 Banjo Bestsellers
- Low-profile, 22-fret rock maple neck with hardwood bow tie inlays
- Sealed, geared tuning machines, including fifth string
- 5/8-Inch maple/ebony Goodtime bridge with adjustable Deering tailpiece
- Six-year warranty
- Three-ply, 11-inch maple rim with steel tension hoop and high crown head
- Classic heavy-duty 20 ounce cotton canvas exterior with a large, open interior that is 100 percent waterproof
- Designed for bike commuters, so a change of clothes, lunch, shoes and laptop will fit just fine
- Pockets under the flap; one large zippered pocket, a medium sized flapped pouch and pencil pockets complete the bag
- 1500 cubic inches with dimensions are 11.5 by 8 by 16 inches
- Water-repellent dry-wax finish
- Artisan Goodtime II 5-String Resonator Banjo
- With a Bluegrass resonator back for projection, the Artisan Goodtime Two banjo has a 3-ply violin grade maple rim and produces a bright and clear tone that projects well and is louder than its open back counterpart
- The Artisan Two is enhanced with a Rich Brown stain, white detailing and spikes at 7, 9, and 10
- The use of spikes enables you to expand your playing from the key of G to easily play in the keys of A, B and C
- Here is a banjo you can have right there by your easy chair or take out an play in a jam
Dean bw6 backwoods 6 has received 4 stars out of 5 on Amazon with over 50 customer reviews. Some reviews mention that the product is good for the price, has a good tone and is easy to set up. There have been a few complaints about the product such as the action being high, the neck being warped and the frets needing to be filed down but these seem to be in the minority.
Is the Dean Backwoods 6 String Banjo easy to set up?
Yes, the Dean Backwoods 6 String Banjo is easy to set up according to customer reviews. The product comes with instructions on how to set up the bridge.
What is the scale length of the Dean Backwoods 6 String Banjo?
The scale length of the Dean Backwoods 6 String Banjo is 25 inches.
What is the nut width of the Dean Backwoods 6 String Banjo?
The nut width of the Dean Backwoods 6 String Banjo is 1-3/4 inches.
The Dean Backwoods 6 String Banjo is a great product for guitar players looking for that banjo sound. The product is easy to set up, has a good tone and is a great alternative to the more expensive Deering 6-string banjo.